After I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist, I decided that before I read anymore apologetics books, I should just look up some arguments for the existence of god and write posts with my refutation. This will (hopefully) save time when I encounter that argument in my reading, and will shorten the length of my reviews.
Very little effort led me to a list of 20 arguments. That’s convenient, although Pascal’s Wager is hardly an argument for the existence of anything. I’ll use that page to learn the arguments, and will link to the posts I write for each as they come out on this page, to collect everything of this type together.
I will add new arguments if I come across them and want to write about them, and of course I am willing to be convinced and will admit it if I am.
1. The Argument from Change
2. The Argument from Efficient Causality
3. The Argument from Time and Contingency
4. The Argument from Degrees of Perfection
5. The Design Argument
6. The Kalam Argument
7. The Argument from Contingency
8. The Argument from the World as an Interacting Whole
9. The Argument from Miracles
10. The Argument from Consciousness
11. The Argument from Truth
12. The Argument from the Origin of the Idea of God
13. The Ontological Argument
14. The Moral Argument
15. The Argument from Conscience
16. The Argument from Desire
17. The Argument from Aesthetic Experience
18. The Argument from Religious Experience
19. The Common Consent Argument
20. Pascal’s Wager
When I finished this list, I decided to do a bit of a summary, responding to the idea of using philosophy to prove a being.
One thought on “Arguments for the Existence of God”
You are so awesome! I don’t believe I’ve truly read anything like that before.
So wonderful to discover somebody with a few unique thoughts on this subject matter.
Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This
website is something that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!